This entry-level position is focused on the recruitment of undergraduate students, primarily first-year students. The individual manages and implements a recruitment plan for a geographic territory. Recruitment will involve travel to high schools, two-year colleges, transfer fairs, and college fairs. Participation in all on-campus recruiting events, including weekend undergraduate open houses is expected. Attendance at on-campus graduate open houses is also required. In addition, the EM Counselor will participate in review of undergraduate admission applications. Counselors are required to be knowledgeable about all full-time and part-time undergraduate and graduate programs offered by the University. The counselor will, in general, contribute to the planning and execution of Enrollment Management recruitment and retention efforts. This individual will be knowledgeable about the financial aid process and various financing options.
Arcadia University is a top-ranked private university in Greater Philadelphia and promises a distinctly global, integrative, and personal learning experience that prepares students to contribute and lead in a diverse and dynamic world. A national leader in study abroad and international education, Arcadia has been named #1 in undergraduate study abroad participation by the Institute of International Education’s Open Doors Report for the past seven years. Approximately 3,900 students attend Arcadia, and the University’s 2,500 undergraduate students choose from more than 65 fields of study.
Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia's Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to hiring manager.
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://careers-arcadia.icims.com/jobs/ and submit a cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references.
Application review will begin immediately. Posting will be removed from the website once we've established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.
Arcadia University seeks candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia University encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. All offers of employment are conditional based on successful completion of a background check.
1. Counsel students and parents through the admission and financial aid process
2. Serve as the individual admissions counselor within an assigned territory
3. Develop and manage a territory recruitment plan including travel to high schools, community colleges and college fairs.
4. Review and recommend admission decisions and scholarship offers for assigned territory
5. Participate in on-campus recruiting events for undergraduate and graduate students including open houses, information sessions, receptions and Transfer Days
6. Prepare and execute a comprehensive communication plan, including direct mail, extensive telephone outreach, web/email campaigns, Skype/other online meeting platforms and social media to prospective students and/or parents.
7. Present group information sessions and open house presentations.
8. Manage an undergraduate, graduate or financial aid program or special population under the supervision of Assistant Vice President, Director, Associate Director or Assistant Director
1. Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management and the VP for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs
2. Review transcripts and complete preliminary credit evaluations for transfer students
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: